Some useful tips to manage emotions and relax
– Learn to relax by practicing relaxation techniques
– Learn how to wait until feelings have settled before acting
– Be a problem solver for life’s difficulties or future events and apply cognitive skills to emotional issues.
– Practice giving yourself a non-food treat each week, to separate rewards with associations with food.
– “Feeling fat” feelings pass, so relax and don’t panic.
– Plan ahead: have an emergency plan for “emotionally bad days”.
Dr Terence Chong will show you in the video some simple relaxation techniques that you can do anywhere.