Zucchini, Ham and Chive Pikelets
Using wholemeal self-raising flour is a wonderful way to add low-GI, unrefined ingredients to our breakfast. Zucchini and ham make a wonderful combination in savoury breakfast pikelets which the whole family can enjoy.
Time taken : 30mins
- 75 gms self-raising flour
- 35 gms wholemeal self-raising flour
- 125 mls skim milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 2 slices ham, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Mix both flours in a bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk milk, egg and chives in a jug and pour mixture into the flour well. Mix until just smooth.
- Stir in zucchini and ham
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add a small amount of olive oil to coat the pan.
- Drop 1 tbsp of batter into pan (depending on the size of your pan, you may be able to cook 2-4 pikelets at the one time).
- Cook for 2 minutes until bubbles rise to surface.
- Turn and cook for 1 minute until golden.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve hot