Stir-Fry Beef on Japanese Salad
Time taken : 20mins
Serves : 4
(Cook extra for lunch the next day)
- 750gm thinly sliced beef rump steak
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 60ml rice vinegar
- 60ml lime juice
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 seeded, chopped fresh red Thai chillies (optional)
- 1 medium carrots, cut into matchsticks (raw)
- 200mg shredded cabbage (raw). If you wanted to make this a superfoods recipe, use purple cabbage
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Spring onion and sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Combine beef, olive oil, soy sauce, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, chilli (optional), and sugar in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes. If have time for 3 hours or overnight. Then drain beef and keep marinade.
- In a wok, heat the olive oil and stir-fry beef, in batches, till brown. Set aside beef.
- Put marinade in the wok, boil , uncovered, until it reduces to one-third.
- Divide carrot and cabbage into 4 serving plates, top with beef, and drizzle with the sauce.
- Garnish with spring onion and seasme seeds if desired.