Slow Cooked Mediterranean Chicken
Time Taken: 8 hours in slow cooker or 50 minutes in stove top
Cook extra for lunch the next day
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 cup chopped red capsicum
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- 4 small chicken legs and 4 thighs
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup brown rice cooked
- In a slow cooker, add wine, brown sugar, oregano, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper; whisk together.
- Add garlic, capsicums and mushrooms and mix together
- Add chicken. Cover slow cooker with lid, and cook on low 8 hours or on high 4 hours.
- Gently stir in parsley.
- Cook brown rice 40 minutes before serving if not cooked already
- Serve over rice.
** If you don’t have a slow cooker, you can do steps 1-2 in a pot on the stove. Then add chicken, brown for 5 minutes, then leave to cook covered for 40 minutes.