Quinoa with Beef and Roasted Vegetables
Quinoa is such a wonderful grain. Start your kids on it early so it becomes a staple in their diet. If you are older, its never too late to start. It is one of the most protein rich grains and is packed full of fibre. It also has iron and lysine which both are so important for sell growth.
Time Taken: 30 mins
Cook extra for lunch the next day
- 100gm quinoa
- 250gm beef rump steak
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 egg plant
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 green or yellow capsicum
- small bunce coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil for cooking
- 2 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cut beef rump into medium slices and marinade with soy sauce and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Put in fridge.
- Add 125ml of water to quinoa in a saucepan and bring it to a boil on medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 12 mins till water is absorbed. Then let it cool.
- Meanwhile cut capsicum, and eggplant into slices.
- Take beef from fridge.
- In a grill pan, add 1 tbsp olive oil. Saute beef for 4-5 minutes until just pink. Remove from heat
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Saute vegetables for 4 minutes. Add beef.
- Place roast beef and vegetables on top of quinoa dividing into 2 serves.
- Dress it with lemon juice, olive oil and season with salt and pepper.