Poached Salmon with Asparagus
This is a wonderful, quick, healthy recipe which contains plenty of omega-3’s in salmon. Poached salmon can be so tasty especially when added to a delicious salad with a tasty dressing. Asparagus and salmon go hand in hand like sweat and exercise. This dish should become one of your weeknight staples.
Time taken : 25 mins
Serves : 2
- 175 gm skinless salmon fillets
- 1 bunch asparagus, halved
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 cup spinach or rocket
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh dill or dill paste from supermarket
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Place salmon in a large saucepan of cold water over medium heat.
- Bring to boil and then reduce heat to simmer, uncovered for 3 mins.
- Remove from heat, cover and set aside for 3 mins until salmon is cooked.
- Microwave the asparagus for 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Mix celery, rocket or spinach and tomatoes in a small bowl
- Whisk oil, vinegar and juice in a small bowl. Season with pepper.
- Add dressing to salad, tossing to combine.
- Serve with salmon and asparagus spears on top