Mustard Flavoured Chicken Breasts
Time taken: 20 mins
Cook 1 serve extra for your lunch tomorrow.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup mild chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree (home-made or bought)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 clove crushed garlic)
- 1 &1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 averaged sized skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp of olive oil for cooking
- green salad
- spring onion for garnish (optional)
- Cook brown rice if not already cooked.
- In a grill pan, add olive oil and heat under medium heat.
- Grill the chicken, for 5 mins and turn the chicken half way.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a small saucepan, stir together, chilli sauce, tomato puree, brown sugar, vinegar and paprika.
- Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat.
- Brush the chicken with the sauce and grill for 5 to 10 mins more till the chicken is not pink inside.
- Brush with the remaining sauce before serving.
- Serve with ½ cup cooked brown rice and a green salad. Garnish with spring onion.