Grilled tuna and char-grilled vegetables
Tuna has natural oils rich in Omega 3, so be careful not to overcook the flesh as it can soon turn dry.
Tuna can be substituted with chicken if desired
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 4 X 180-200gms blue fin tuna steaks or chicken breast
- 2 tbps soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 an eggplant
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup each of chopped parsley, coriander and dill
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- Salt and pepper
- Coriander and parsley leaves for garnish
- Place chicken stock into a pan and boil
- Pour the chicken stock over, cover with cling wrap and set aside
- Mix the tuna or chicken with the olive oil, soy sauce and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Heat a grill pan to medium hot. If using tuna, cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. If using chicken cook for 6-minutes each side until meat is no longer pink and cooked through. Let rest.
- Wash and finely slice asparagus, zuccini and eggpant. Add herbs, lemon juice, onion, olive oil and garlic mix well.
- On a grill pan, char- grill on medium to high heat for 4-5 minutes until tender.
- Season, then spoon onto 4 plates. Place the whole steaks of tuna or chicken breast on top of grilled vegetables
- Garnish with coriander and parsley leaves