Grilled Garlic, Lemon and Italian Herb Lamb on Rocket with Balsamic
Time Taken: 20 minutes
- 4 very lean average sized lamb fillets, 1 tsp garlic salt or 1 clove fresh garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp Italian herbs (it can also be a mix of 1 tsp basic and 1 tsp oregano)
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 bunches rocket, washed and trimmed 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Marinate lamb for at least 15 mins in the garlic, Italian herbs and olive oil. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon in marinade. If you have more time, marinade for 1 hour or overnight for full flavour.
- Heat a grill pan to medium heat. if you wish to a BBQ can be used. Drizzle marinade over lamb during cooking.
- Cook lamb for 5 minutes on each side, or to your liking. Arrange the rocket onto individual serving plates.
- Remove lamb when cooked and allow to rest for a couple of minutes.
- Slice into 2cm medallions or pieces and arrange neatly on the rocket.
- Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.