Curried Chicken and Zucchini Soup
Curry is a perfect way to give soup that extra zing especially in winter. Turmeric, one of the key components of curry powder has been weakly associated with improvements to your immune system, arthritis, heart health, cancers and Alzheimer’s Disease. This is a nutritious, flavoursome meal that is full of health and flavour.
Time taken : 40 mins
Serves : 4
20 gms butter
340 gms thinly sliced chicken breast fillets
½ cup brown rice
3 medium zucchinis, grated coarsely
1 small brown onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp curry powder
1 litre chicken stock
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Cook onion and garlic until onion softens.
- Add curry powder, stirring till mixture is fragrant.
- Add rice and chicken, stirring for 5 mins.
- Add water and stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat , simmer, covered for 15mins.
- Add zucchini, stirring about 5 mins until chicken is cooked.