Chicken, Avocado and Brown Rice Salad
CHICKEN, AVOCADO & BROWN RICE SALAD
Time taken :30mins
Serves : 4
Cook extra for Lunch the next day
- 2 cup brown rice, cooked (fresh or day before)
- 420 gms can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- ½ medium avocado, chopped (optional)
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 200 gms cooked skinless chicken breast or use mustard flavoured chicken breasts from dinner
- 75gm baby rocket leaves
- Lime wedges
- 1 tsp mild paprika
- 1 ½ tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- If brown rice is not cooked, cook 2 cups in steamer or on stove top. If already cooked, preheat in microwave.
- When brown rice is cooked, transfer to large bowl and add paprika and ½ of the lime juice. Stir and combine and set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil and remaining juice in a small bowl. Add to brown rice mixture.
- Add beans, avocado, tomato, chicken and rocket. If chicken not cooked from night before, poach for 6 minutes in a saucepan and season with salt and pepper.
- Season with pepper and toss to combine.
- Serve with lime wedges.