Breakfast Salad and Fried Egg
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, diced into 1cm cubes
- 50 g spinach leaves
- 50 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 avocado, diced
- 15 g feta cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts (toasted if desired) or chia seeds
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 small piece dark rye toast
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add oil and fry egg. Set aside.
- Stir-fry the asparagus until softened. (approximately 3-4 minutes)
- In a serving bowl add asparagus, spinach, tomatoes, avocado and feta cheese
- Squeeze lemon over the salad, season well and toss to combine.
- Serve topped with fried egg and pine nuts or chia seeds or over dark rye toast if desired.