Asian Chicken Stir Fry
Time Taken: 25 minutes
- 2 cups brown rice
- ¼ cup Hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp 5 spice mix (from Asian grocery. If hard to find, can be omitted)
- 4 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp water
- 500 gms lean chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 capsicums, red
- 2 bunches bok choy or choy sum (Asian greens)
- 1 bunch coriander
- In a bowl, combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, 1 tbsp of olive oil and water
- Cook brown rice as per instructions, if not cooked already.
- Add the chicken and mix well. Put in fridge for 10 minutes. (if you have more time, put in fridge overnight)
- As the chicken is marinating, peel and crush the garlic, slice the capsicum into strips and chop the bok choy or choy sum.
- In a large wok, add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Take the chicken strips out of the fridge and saute for 5 minutes. Set aside
- In the same wok, add another tbsp of olive oil and cook the garlic for 1 minute. Then cook the capsicum and Asian greens for 3 minutes. Add any marinade left over.
- Add the chicken and cook for a further 2 minutes
- Serve immediately on brown rice with fresh coriander.