Gourmet dill Salmon Burgers
Salmon burgers are a wonderful quick, healthy and lunch that are full of omega-3 fatty acids and good fats. Leftovers are great as snacks or next day meals. Make more and freeze them and consume them as needed. You can also jazz them up to make them look fancy using wholemeal crackers and garnish with alfalfa sprouts, lemon and cucumber.
Time taken : 30 mins
Serves : 4
650 mgs boneless and skinless salmon
2 tbsp chopped dill
1 green chilli, chopped, seeds removed (optional)
2 tbsp chopped red onion
2 tsp Dijon mustard
¼ tsp salt
Alfalfa sprouts, lemon, cucumber for garnish (optional)
- Cut salmon into chunks and put ¼ of it into a food processor.
- Pulse it with the mustard and herbs till it forms a smooth paste.
- Put in the remaining salmon. Pulse into chunks.
- Shape the salmon into 4 burgers.
- Grill in a frying pan for 5mins.
- Turn over and cook for another 3 minutes
- Serve with lemon wedges. Garnish with alfalfa sprouts, lemon and cucumber if desired.