Spicy Chicken Stir Fry
Time taken : 25 mins
Serves : 4
(Cook extra for lunch the next day)
- 500gm chicken breast fillets, slightly sliced
- 10 asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 4 fresh red chillies, seeded, slightly sliced (optional)
- 1 green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 punnet button mushrooms
- 1 red onions, sliced thinly
- 1 carrot, sliced thinly
- 80ml lime juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Cook brown rice if not cooked already
- Mix chicken, sugar, 1 tbsp olive oil and chilli in a bowl.
- Heat half the oil in a wok and stir-fry chicken, in batches ,till brown. Move to one side
- Cut asparagus spears and mushrooms in half.
- Add asparagus, capsicum, carrot and mushrooms into wok with 1 tbsp of oil and stir fry for 4-5 minutes until cooked and soft.
- Mix altogether in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Serve with 1/2 cup brown rice