Soy Sauce Chicken Stir Fry
This is just a superfoods bonanza: purple cabbage, brocolli and chicken breast. This should be a week night staple for its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
This makes 4 serves. Adjust the amount to the amount of people eating. Cook an extra serve for your leftover lunch tomorrow.
Time taken : 25 mins
Serves : 4
- 500gm chicken breast fillets, slightly sliced
- 8 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 fresh red chillies, seeded, slightly sliced
- 1 broccoli head
- 4 red onions, sliced thinly
- 2 carrots, sliced thinly
- 150gm wongbok cabbage or purple cabbage , shredded finely
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cook brown rice, not already done so
- Mix chicken, soy sauce, chilli and garlic in a bowl.
- Heat half the oil in a wok and stir-fry chicken, in batches until brown.
- Remove chicken and stir fry asparagus and cabbage.
- Put chicken, cabbage and asparagus in a large bowl with onion, capsicums, carrot, cabbage, and toss to combine.
- Serve on top of 1/2 cup cooked brown rice