Pork and Shiitaki Mushrooms Lettuce Cups
This recipe can easily be made healthier by changing the lettuce to purple cabbage. But this of course changes the way this dish was meant to be. The choice is yours but but options are still an excellent delicious dinner that everyone in the house will love.
Time taken: 20mins
Serves : 4
- 3 large sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 450gm pork mince
- 3 chopped spring onions
- 1 capsicum, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce (if you wanted to extra healthy, change this to purple cabbage)
- 15gm chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- coriander for garnish (optional)
- hoi sin sauce
- Cut capsicum into thin strips. Slice mushrooms.
- Saute mushrooms for 5 mins and add the pork mince.
- When the meat is cooked (approx 5), add soy sauce, turmeric, spring onions, and fish sauce.
- Saute a further 2 mins and add mint.
- Scoop into the lettuce leaves.
- Add capsicum and coriander (optional) on top.
- Use hoi sin sauce on top.