Pepper and Lemon Chicken with Zuccini Salad
Time taken : 25 mins
- 2 x medium sized breast fillets
- 1 green zucchini
- 1 glove crushed garlic
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 50ml lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric (optional for anti-inflammatory properties)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- Put 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp oil, rind, turmeric (optional) and pepper in a bowl.
- Mix in chicken tossing to coat the meat.
- Slice the zucchini
- Cook the strips on a heated grill pan until brown and crisp.
- Cook chicken on same grill till brown on both sides.
- Whisk the remaining lemon juice and oil with the garlic.
- Add the zucchini, onion, and herbs, tossing them.
- Serve chicken with the salad