Middle Eastern Salad with Yogurt
Time taken : 40 mins
Serves : 4
(Cook a double serve for leftovers for lunch the next day)
- 2 carrots, in thin strips
- 2 medium red onions , cut into thin wedges
- 120gm low-fat natural yoghurt
- 400gm can chickpeas, rinsed ,drained
- 150gm roasted red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 120gm baby spinach leaves
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tsp mild paprika
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- In a bowl, put carrot and onion.
- Then add paprika, coriander and oil and toss to coat vegetables.
- Arrange vegetables in a single layer on a baking tray that is lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 25 mins till golden.
- In a small bowl, whisk yoghurt, tahini, juice and 2 tablespoons of hot water.
- Place chickpeas, capsicum, coriander and spinach in a large bowl.
- Add roasted vegetables to the chickpeas mixture and toss to combine.
- Divide salad among plates and drizzle with tahini yoghurt before serving.