Grilled Pork Chops with Chinese Spices and Bok Choy
Turmeric is truly a magical ingredient containing anti-inflammatory properties reducing pain associated with inflammation and also promotes weight loss. It is protective against atherosclerosis and also cancer. Other foods that contain anti-inflammatory properties are leafy green vegetables such as bok choy. This dish not only tastes good but has medicinal properties.
Serves : 4
Time Taken: 30 minutes
- 4 x 100gm lean pork chops
- 2 bunches bok choy, cut into small lengths
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- For the seasoning mixture:
- 1 tsp five spice powder
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Lay the pork chops on a large plate or tray.
- Combine the seasoning mixture in a small bowl, mixing well.
- Sprinkle half the seasoning mixture evenly over both sides of the pork chops.
- Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes. If you have more time, refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Heat a grill pan to medium heat. Grill pan the chops on each side for 8 minutes.
- Remove and let them sit for a further 8 minutes before serving.
- While pork is resting, add olive oil, and garlic into wok.
- Stir fry the bok choy for 5-6 minutes
- Serve pork immediately with bok choy