Garlic and Soy Tofu and Brown Rice
Time taken : 25 mins
Serves : 4
- 350gm firm tofu, cut into 1 cm-thick slices
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 100gm fresh shitake mushrooms, halved
- 2 bunches asparagus, cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 carrot, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tbsp salt soy sauce
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- spring onion to garnish
- Cook brown rice
- Mix soy sauce, and garlic in a shallow glass dish .
- Add tofu, turning to coat.
- Heat a wok over high heat, add half the oil and heat for 20 seconds.
- Drain tofu from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Stir-fry tofu for 3 mins, in batches, till golden brown.
- Transfer to plate, cover to keep warm.
- Reheat wok over high heat.
- Add remaining oil and heat for 20 seconds.
- Stir-fry onions for 2 mins.
- Add mushrooms, asparagus, carrots and 2 tablespoons of cold water.
- Stir-fry for 4 mins till cooked.
- Return Tofu and reserved marinade to wok and stir-fry until heated through.
- Divide 1/2 cup rice among plates and top with stir-fry
- Garnish with spring onion