Fried Cauliflower Rice with Pork (or Chicken or Tofu)
Time taken : 15 mins
Fried cauliflower rice is also suitable with leftover meat in the fridge, either raw or already cooked,
eg pork, chicken, steak, prawns. It will blend well with garlic and tamari.
Make extra for lunch the next day
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 thinly sliced white or yellow onion
- 350gm meat, raw or cooked, cut into small pieces
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 head of cauliflower, grated in a food processor (or buy pre-made bag from Coles in vegetable section)
- 4 chopped spring onions
- 115gm frozen peas
- 1 carrot cubed
- lettuce leaves to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil over high heat in a wok or frying pan.
- Put in onion , saute till it start to brown (about 2 mins)
- Add meat and 1 tbsp of soy sauce and saute for 2-3 mins (longer if raw meat)
- Then add remaining oil, garlic and the cauliflower and saute 2-3 mins
- Add the eggs and remaining soy sauce and stir as the egg cooks.
- Then put in peas, carrots and spring onions and cook a further 1 or 2 mins
- Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves