Chinese Roast Beef
There is a wide range of benefits of ginger such as nausea, digestive problems, circulation and arthritis. Garlic produces the combined effects on reducing cholesterol and blood pressure, as well as the antioxidant properties, which may help prevent common brain diseases like Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Garlic contains antioxidants that protect against cell damage and ageing.
Time Taken: 70 mins
Serves : 4
(Use roast beef for lunch the next day)
- 800gm boneless rib roast beef
- 600gm Chinese broccoli, cut coarsely
- 150gm sliced red capsicum
- 5 gm grated fresh ginger or buy pre-crushed tube from supermarket
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 80ml oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- Heat oven to moderately hot.
- Combine soy sauce, sesame seeds and half the garlic into a marinade.
- Cook beef in a heated oiled wok for 10mins, uncovered.
- When browned, place the beef on an oiled rack, brush it with the marinade.
- Roast the beef in a moderately hot oven for 45 mins,uncovered.
- When cooked , cover and stand for 5 mins.
- Heat some oil in a wok, stir-fry ginger and remaining garlic till aromatic .
- Add broccoli, capsicum and the remaining ingredients and stir-fry till cooked.
- Slice the beef and serve on the broccoli mixture , drizzle with the sauce from the wok