Beef and Vegetable Teriyaki
As Turmeric as anti-inflammatory properties, we are trying to add it into our foods as much as we can. In this case, it may alter the flavour. So it is an optional addition if you do not mind the slightly altered taste to traditional Teriyaki.
Time taken : 25mins
Serves : 4
Cook extra for lunch the next day
- 4 beef fillets (150gm each)
- 60ml soy sauce
- 1 crushed glove of garlic
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 250mg snow peas
- 250gm asparagus
- 1 red capsicun
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (optional for anti-inflammatory properties)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- To make the marinade mix soy, sesame oil, sugar, turmeric (optional in this recipe) and garlic in a bowl.
- Add in the beef, cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes. If you have more time, leave for 3 hours or overnight.
- Cook snow peas and asparagus, separately, by boiling or microwaving .
- Mix beef and drained vegetables with the marinade in a bowl.
- Cook beef and vegetables in an oiled wok till brown on both sides.
- Serve with 1/2 cup brown rice