North African Beans and Eggs
Time taken : 30mins
Serves : 2
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 brown onions ,thinly sliced
- 1 garlic cloves,thinly sliced
- 1/2 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 can mixed beans,rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp paprika,
- 3 eggs
- Heat oil in deep frying pan, over high heat.
- Cook capsicum for 5 mins, stirring till softened.
- Add onion and garlic, stirring for 10mins until browned and softened.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, paprika, and 80ml of water.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10mins.
- Make 3 holes in bean mixture.
- Crack an egg into each hole.
- Cover for 5 minutes until egg whites are set.
- Season with pepper and extra smoked paprika.
- Serve with toasted dark rye bread and garnish with coriander